Its been quite sometime I posted a recipe. I have been tied up with too many things of late. But now I shall try to be more frequent, coz I also missed blogging.
This morning I woke up late,as usual, and was desperately in a mood to have scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs with buttered toasts make the perfect brunch for me. I mostly prepare spicy scrambled eggs, in the Parsi style, which is called Akuri.
Most of us include eggs in our daily diet. I came across a few interesting facts about eggs, which I thought I must share with my readers.
Eggs can provide delicious meals on their own. They are a good source of low-cost high-quality protein. Besides that, another health benefit of eggs is their contribution to the diet as a source of choline. Eating eggs may help lower risk of a heart attack or stroke by helping to prevent blood clots. Further interesting facts show that eggs protect eyesight without increasing cholesterol. Apart from all this, eggs keep hunger at bay for a longer time since eggs’ satiety index is 50% than that of most breakfast cereals.
So here is a quick, easy and spicy recipe for eggs. I found this recipe in the cookbook that came with my non-stick cookware.
- Eggs - 6 nos.
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 1 medium sized, finely choppes
- Ginger - 1 one and a half inch piece, finely chopped
- Tomato - 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Green chillies - 3, finely chopped
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp.
- Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp.
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, chopped
- Oil - 3 tbsp.
- Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Salt as per taste
- In a bowl, beat eggs just till yolks and whites are mixed. Add milk, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add onion and ginger. Stir fry till onion is transparent. Add tomato, chilles and turmeric powder. Stir for about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Add egg mixture and coriander leaves. When mixture starts to set on bottom and sides, stir and lift so uncooked part goes to bottom.
- Continue cooking till eggs have just thickened and are moist and soft, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder on top.
- Serve hot, accompanied with toast, phulka or paratha.