There are certain recipes which are forever a favourite with me. One such chicken recipe is this Chicken Fry. This recipe has been with me since a long long time, and now I can’t even remember it’s source. I make this quite often as it requires very few ingredients and I also love the flavour of curry leaves in it. It goes very well with rotis, though I serve it with Peas Pulao too along with some raita.
Author: Arundhuti Rama
- Chicken - 1 kg, cut into medium sized peices
- Black pepper - 1 tbsp.
- Chilli powder - 1 tbsp.
- Garlic - 4 cloved, chopped
- Ginger - 1 large piece, chopped
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp.
- Curry leaves - 2 strips
- Green chillies - 2, slit
- Onions - 2, thinly sliced
- Oil - 4 tbsp.
- Salt as per taste
- Grind 1 tbsp. black pepper, chilli powder, ginger, garlic, turmeric powder and salt. Marinate chicken and keep in the frigde overnight.
- Heat oil and fry chicken pieces until it is cooked and slightly brown.
- Once the fying is done use the same oil (but very little) to sauté curry leaves, green chillies and onions.
- Once this is done add the fried chicken and the rest of the crushed black pepper. Adjust salt and serve.