Author: Arundhuti Rama
- Eggs - 2 nos.
- Milk - 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla essence (optional) - 2 drops
- Bread - 12 slices
- Butter - 4 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, beat eggs just till yolks and whites are mixed. Add milk, sugar, vanilla essence and salt. Mix well.
- Turn 1 slice bread in egg mixture leaving each side in mixture for about 30 seconds. Remove and put on a plate. Turn and remove 1 more slice in the same way.
- Heat frying pan. Add 1/2 tbsp butter and spread on evenly. Add the 2 soaked slices. Fry on both sides till browned (about 2 minutes on each side). Remove. (While slices are frying turn 2 more slices in egg mixture as described above and keep aside).
- Soak and fry remaining slices in the same way.
- Serve hot accompanied with butter, honey or jam.