I have always loved mushrooms. However they are cooked. But when it comes to Garlic Mushrooms, I go a li’l weak. The recipe I am sharing today can be given a few twists. Like, sometimes, M asks me to make this the filling of his omelette. And it tastes GOOD! But in that case, the mushrooms must be chopped in even smaller sizes.
Garlic and mushrooms go so well together, don’t you agree? It simply makes a classic dish. The preparation is very simple and you can serve it as an appetizer or side dish. On lazy days, when I am the only one eating at home, I quickly prepare it as my complete lunch.
- Mushrooms, 400 gm, washed, cleaned and cut into quarters (I have used canned ones)
- Olive Oil, 1 tbsp.
- Butter, 1 tbsp.
- Garlic, chopped, 1 tbsp.
- Parsley Leaves, chopped, 1 tbsp.
- Tomato Ketchup, 2 tbsp,
- Pepper powder, 1/2 tsp.
- Paprika, 1/2 tsp.
- White Wine or Water, 4 tbsp.
- Chilli Flakes, as per taste (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan amd add the mushrooms. Stir well till the mushrooms have absorbed most of the oil and butter.
- Now add wine or water, which ever one you are using. Mix well. When the liquid starts bubbling, add chopped parsley and garlic. Stir everything together and mix well. Cook and 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add paprika, chilli flakes (optional), tomato ketchup, salt and pepper. Mix well and further cook for a couple of minutes till the mushrooms are completely done. Serve.