Indian Espresso Coffee, a rich, creamy and frothy coffee, which can actually be described as an amalgam of espresso and cappuccino. I say so because, I find it having the powerful essence and aroma of an espresso and at the same time it also has the velvet-y and creamy texture of a cappuccino. To cut long story short, it is luxury in a cup! And mind you, this can get mighty addictive.
Like I just mentioned, you do no need an extravagant espresso machine to get a cup of this rich and creamy magic. All you need is your ingredients and a coffee mug with a spoon. Yes, that’s it. You have to vigorously beat the coffee and granulated sugar mix with a lot of energy to get a whipped coffe-sugar paste. Your rich, creamy and milky Indian Espresso Coffee will be ready in minutes.
So, grab the current novel you’re reading, or your Sudoku or Crossword and relish this heavenly beverage with every sip. Also, you might just be tempted to drink it while watching the rains from your bedroom window. Sounds addictive, isn’t it?
- Instant Coffee Powder 1 tbsp.
- Granulated Sugar 2 tbsp. (alter according to your taste)
- Milk 1 cup
- Water 1 tsp.
- Cocoa Powder to sprinkle on top (optional)
- In a coffee mug, put instant coffee powder and sugar. Add 1 tsp. water and mix. With a spoon, start beating the mix vigorously. You have to incorporate as much air as you can. That will give you the whipped frothy coffee-sugar mix. The more you beat, the mix will become pale in colour. Make sure your mix is whipped and creamy enough.
- Heat a cup of milk and pour it over the whipped coffe-sugar paste. Stir. Sprinkle cocoa powder and serve immediately.
I learnt about this coffee from an old college friend, who during one of her sleepovers at my place made it for the two of us as we stayed up the whole night chatting. Good old days with friends.