Author: Arundhuti Rama
- Flour - 1 cup
- Powdered sugar - 1/3 cup
- Custard powder - 1/3 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1/4 tsp.
- Milk - 2 tbsp.
- Mixed fruit jam - 8 to 10 tsp.
- Mix flour and baking powder well and keep aside.
- Beat butter and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Add custard powder and flour.
- Knead to form a soft dough adding milk.
- Roll into 16-18 balls and flatten with your palm.
- Make a depression in the center with your thumb.
- Fill in 1/2 tsp. of mixed fruit jam into each depression.
- Arrange cookies on a non-greased tray keeping 1/2 inch space. (Cookies increase in size after baking).
- Preheat oven to 180° centigrade.
- Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes.