For me, baking gives a greater high than cooking. Somehow, the anticipation of what wonder is coming out of the oven always intrigues me. There was a time when almost every alternate day I used to experiment with baking. That was long ago. But even today, while I prepare to bake, my anticipation soars high.
This Pea, Bacon and Feta Cheese muffin is perfect served for a breakfast. If you would like to do without the bacon part, do so. Add something else you deem fit. It’s an easy recipe and doesn’t take much preparation time either.
- Plain flour 300 gm
- Soda Bicarbonate 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda 1 tbsp
- Salt, a pinch
- Eggs, 2 nos., large
- Milk, 250 ml
- Butter, 85 gm, melted
- Frozen Peas, 40 gm, defrosted
- Bacon, 60 gm, cut into small square and cooked
- Feta Cheese, 40 gm
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line muffin tin.
- In a large bow, sift the flour, soda bicarbonate, baking soda and salt together. Pour milk in a jug. Break the eggs into the jug and mix milk and eggs properly.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour in the milk and eggs mixture gradually while mixing it with a hand held mixer at low speed.
- Once the ingredients have mixed well, add the melted butter and further mix with the blender and medium speed till the batter is smooth in texture.
- Now add the cooked bacon, peas and crumble in the feta cheese. Stir with a spatula to make sure it's evenly dispersed throughout the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cases filling them two-thirds full. Bake for 25-30 minutes.