Pineapple Upside Down
Author: Arundhuti Rama
- Tinned pineapple - 4 to 5 slices
- Cherries - few
- Refined flour - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp.
- Eggs - 3 nos.
- Pineapple essence - 1/2 tsp.
- Powdered sugar - 1 cup
- Brown sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Refined oil - 3/4 cup
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Grease a 9″ cake mould. Sift flour with baking powder and keep aside.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on the base of the tin and arrange pineapple slices. Insert 1 cherry in between each slice.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs till fluffy and light. Add powdered sugar and continue beating till sugar mixes with eggs.
- Add oil and essence and continue beating.
- Fold in flour and mix with a wide spoon.
- Add milk to get a soft dropping consistency.
- Pour the cake mix over the arranged pineapple slices in the mould.
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Bake for 30 minutes (pierce a skwer to check. skewer should come out clean).
- Cool cake and turn out carefully.